Friday, October 12, 2012

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: “Pop-Pop: The Final Solution”


It’s Always Sunny is kicking off its eighth season and the biggest development is that because of his sudden and unfortunate weight loss, Fat Mac is no more. The gang is essentially up to their same degenerate ways here in the premiere so there isn’t much to say in terms of character development or any kind of story arc, so the reviews here are pretty limited.

Some quick thoughts:
  • Cricket is becoming more and more disfigured. I don’t think any character in television history has taken more of a mental and physical beating over the course of a series as Cricket has here. Before it’s all said and done Cricket has to get some payback on the gang right?
  • This was a great classic Charlie episode. We got some of his illiteracy shown as he tried to read the name of the person on the door, and as Mac pointed out it was a good try. Also, Charlie high on laughing gas after getting braces put on him was pure genius and allowed for him droolingly give the quote: “The thing about time-travel movies, they’re full of surprises.”
Solid premiere episode of It's Always Sunny. I thought last season was actually one of the shows better ones and considering almost all of their episodes are stand-alone it's hard to keep reinventing the wheel. As long as there are enough deviations to the basic stories like there were tonight though, I'll be glad to keep watching Sunny until they decide to call it quits.


Comments are certainly welcome, whether they are for agreement, disagreement, or indifference.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cricket? I’m definitely going to have to pull out my old seasons of Always Sunny, because I almost forgot who is. I haven’t had a chance to watch the premiere of season eight just yet, but I’m not too worried since I have it saved on my Hopper. I record things all week and then I spend my Sundays in what I like to call, TV Land. One of my co-workers at DISH thinks I’m crazy, but it’s one of the best ways to relax!

    ReplyDelete