Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How I Met Your Mother: "Pre-nup"


Sorry for the delay in my How I Met Your Review, I didn’t have time to watch the episode last night and this whole week is shaping up to not have much time for television watching/reviewing. And if I do have time, they’ll have to be short recaps like this one.

“Pre-nup” was a slight improvement over last week’s poor season premiere, but that clearly isn’t saying much. For instance, I actually had an audible laugh when Robin first got excited by watching herself on television (clearly a sign that her and Barney are meant for each other), but then they had that joke go on too long and effectively ran it into the ground.

I wish that the show had taken a little more time establishing how and when Quinn, Nick, and Victoria became best friends with the rest of the group instead of assuming we’d just shrug it off and accept it. Maybe we’ll get rid of Nick in the next episode and Victoria after that and get back to the norm, but as of right now I feel like they’re really taking advantage of their audience with the lack of character depth they’re employing with everyone right now.

In the tag at the end of the episode Ted expresses his enthusiasm for the German sitcom Klaus shows them by saying how it great the show was at making the audience laugh as well as making us care about the characters onscreen. I wish the How I Met Your Mother writers would take some of their own advice to heart moving forward.

Comments are certainly welcome, whether they are for agreement, disagreement, or indifference

No comments:

Post a Comment